Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Zelboraf benefit – short lived

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    erinmay22
    Participant

In May we found a small spot on small intestine. Started zelboraf end of may. Scans in July showed shrinkage. Scans done Monday show growth again. I wasn’t surprised since my stomach had been having issues. So plan is to do surgery to just cut it out (which I wanted originally anyway). And start ipi on Tuesday.

So it’s been a rough week. To top it off my poor dog Dublin got hit by a car while we were crossing the street on Monday night. He’s ok. Just a messed up back foot. Poor guy.

Not looking forward to intestine surgery… But feel much more comfortable just having the spot cut out! I told my doctor my mom is still hoping its just parasites I picked up in Thailand :).

Cheers!

Erin

http://www.melanomaandthecity.blogspot.com

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Erin

So sorry to hear this. I would also keep an eye out for some pd1 trials that should be opening soon. And your poor dog! That happened to me when I was running with my dog, and she dislocated her elbow. Lucky thing, she was fine eventually. So good to get the surgery going and get the bad spot out. Please stay in touch.

Dick_K
    Participant

Erin

Sorry to hear this news but glad you have a plan. Best of luck.

Dick

erinmay22
    Participant

Thanks guys. Yes I think surgery is a good option. Much rather have it out. Thanks on the anti-pd1. Good to know options ar out there…

Erin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.