Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Zelboraf – Vemurafenib

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    palmtree
    Participant

Hi, I have followed this forum since my husband was diagnosed last October. He was on Zelboraf from November – May this year. It stopped working in May and although he fought really hard and we tried to get other treatment, I lost him in July. At the time that he stopped taking the Zelboraf he had just had a month’s supply delivered. We are in the UK and if these are taken back to the pharmacy they will be destroyed. I would so much like to help someone out who has to pay for these drugs. I don’t know if it is the right thing to do but would be more than willing to send them out to anyone who needs them – as long as they are genuinely on this drug. Does anyone have any ideas? Good luck to everyone fighting this dreadful disease. C x

majadr2003
    Participant

Hi

I am very sorry to hear about your husband. The life can be cruel and can take away from us the people we love.

My name is Maja. My mum is a melanom patient is taking zelboraf but we have to pay for it. I do not come from a rich country it is poor. It is Macedonia ( ex Yugoslavia). You can help me a lot if you can give me the medications. Thank you and God bless you.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This can be a dangerous thing, to give this drug away, especially if someone is BRAF negative takes the Zelboraf, it will advance the disease rather than make it regress. It is best to contact the manufacturer Genentech/Roche and the pharmacy you bought it at and return it through them. If unopened, they may be able to properly recycle. I have to take down the personal email address listed, but you can contact each other through the forum by clicking on the name of the person.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.