AJCC 8th

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage I & II melanoma, as well as answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.
chrisuk

AJCC 8th

Post by chrisuk » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:24 am

Hello

It’s been a good while since I was last on here I’m from the UK but always found this site to be very informative.

I was just looking at my old path lab report and always thought my staging to be 1a but looking at the 8th AJCC if it was today will I be 1b? Report below.

Histology.
Sections show superficial spreading invasive malignant melanoma.
There is minimal pigmentation. No ulceration is seen. There are large confluent nest of atypical junctional melanocytes with early invasion into the superficial dermis (Clark level 4). There is a brisk tumour associated lymphocytic inflammation. Breslow thickness 1mm. There is no perineural or vascular invasion. No microsatellite lesions are seen. There is at least 3mm deep clearance and 2mm radial clearance from the lesion.
Pathological stage pT1a

chrisuk

Re: AJCC 8th

Post by chrisuk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 am

My melanoma report was back in 2009.

Catherine Poole

Post by Catherine Poole » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:36 am

The new AJCC standards aren't necessarily in stone. I brought this up at the recent experts meeting. They have left mitotic factor out which is wrong according to many experts. Yet they keep Clarks Level in which has been disregarded by most for quite a while. I would not worry being 9 years out, you are in the clear. I hope you continue to be quite healthy!
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation

chrisuk

Post by chrisuk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi Catherine

Thank you for your reply wish there were sites like this in the uk. there was once a good forum but now has gone and also there was a good group I used to go to but with lack of funding it to closed also.

Kind Regards
Chris

Catherine Poole

Post by Catherine Poole » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:39 am

Thanks for the kind words. We are here for anyone, anywhere. We do collaborate with other groups in global locations. Please visit us anytime you have concerns.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation