Sun Exposure- Kicking Myself

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage I & II melanoma, as well as answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.
luv2smile06

Sun Exposure- Kicking Myself

Post by luv2smile06 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Ugh, it's been a while (thankfully) since I've posted here (even had to register again since I couldn't remember my pw.)

Anyway, I'm kicking myself for getting a little sun burn today and just needed to vent. I'm usually so good about wearing my sun clothing, avoiding mid day sun, sunscreen, etc. I went to an event today and got lacks and wore a sleeveless top with my wide brim hat and I put sunscreen on and re-applied. However, I apparently missed the top of my left shoulder when re-applying. Now I have a slightly pink burn spot! Agh!

I was diagnosed with stage 0 around 8 years ago now and all has been well since. I stay pale white. This is only the 2nd time in 8 years I've had a little sun snafu. The other time was a couple of years ago with a small burned spot on my knees while at the beach.

I know there's no use in crying over spilled milk, but I'm so mad at myself right now for not wearing my sun shirt. I had a lot of sun burns as a kid and a few months of tanning bed use before my diagnosis, but just don't want to do anymore damage. I just worry if one more burn no matter how small may trigger another mel.

Back to sun shirts anytime I will be out during the middle of the day, no exception.

Thanks for letting me vent and remember to be extra careful this summer!

point30

Re: Sun Exposure- Kicking Myself

Post by point30 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:32 pm

vent anytime.

It's nice to hear reminders about what we should all be doing as well!