Keytruda, expensive, help

This forum was created for those with an incredibly hard task: taking care of someone they love who is ill.
DanielaCatereniuc

Keytruda, expensive, help

Post by DanielaCatereniuc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:34 am

Hello, dear all.

My name is Daniela. My mother was diagnosed 2 months ago with lung cancer, PDL 1 positive, and was elected for immunotherapy with Keytruda.

She got one dose of 200mg, and didn't manage it for the second one. She passed away few days ago.

We were treated in Vienna, but because we are not citizens of Austria, we bought the drug ourselves.

We paid for 200mg Keytruda 7200€.

I'm a doctor also, a neurologist, and I'm asking.. maybe someone needs this dose we have in the fridge.. maybe someone needs Keytruda and we'll give it to you.. because it didn't help my mom, but could help someone else..

Thank you!

Catherine Poole

Re: Keytruda, expensive, help

Post by Catherine Poole » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:05 am

That is very kind of you. I would return it to the pharmacy or medical staff and perhaps they can best use it. We unfortunately can't provide this to another patient because of liability concerns.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation

Catherine Poole

Re: Keytruda, expensive, help

Post by Catherine Poole » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:05 am

That is very kind of you. I would return it to the pharmacy or medical staff and perhaps they can best use it. We unfortunately can't provide this to another patient because of liability concerns.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation