- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:51 am
I'm(59) on BRAF/MEK for 32 months with very good results. main side effects : fatigue & very high CPK blood levels.
I keep thinking lately why not stop treatment now (before becoming resistant) and start immunotherapies (KEYTRUDA etc.) thus being able to return to BRAF/MEK in the future.
What do you think?
Thanks for the information & support
- Posts: 11265
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:09 am
Melanoma International Foundation
- Posts: 271
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:50 am
you have the same story as my sister: 29 months on BRAF/MEK and 'only' fatigue and high blood pressure.
I've asked this question numerous times to our onc.
- why change such a winning team?
- it's not certain you can go back to BRAF/MEK with same succes, we don't know how the system can develop
- we don't know what harm an immunotherapy can do to your system that makes future treatment difficult
- in belgium antipd1 is only 3rd line, you have to go with ipi first
- why can't you be one of very few those patients to go on indefinite with inhibitors?
==> he states: why risks this all when you this winning team?
many for, many against
it's not an easy puzzle
my biggest fear is if we find out resistance in a late stage
- we might cure with antipd1
# we don't know that
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests